At every place in the world, events are held for multiple reasons. Some events are on a grand scale, while others are on a smaller scale. Some have low budgets, while others have high ones. Some events are happy, such as birthday parties and weddings, while others are sad, such as funerals. Let us know What are the ‘Salaries For Event Coordinator’.
Salaries For Event Coordinator
But there is always a person who organizes that event. On a professional level, we called these people event coordinators. Many people like this so much that they want to pursue it as their profession. One thing you must know before starting this job is its average salary.
As of 2023, in the United States, the average annual salary of an event coordinator is approximately $43,399. If we split this amount into hourly and weekly rates, then it comes to an equal of about $20.86 for an hour. It becomes approximately $834 for a week or $3,616 for a month. On average, an event coordinator will make $20.86 per hour, which is equal to $43,399 per year. As for a week, it’s just a three-figure salary.
If you want to know more about the average salaries, salary ranges, and job descriptions of event coordinators, keep reading the article.
Salary Ranges on Average
Employees’ salary ranges are diverse in all types of workplaces. This variation depends on several factors, including the state, experience, money, and workers’ skills. According to a review, it is suggested that the mean annual salary of an event coordinator might range from the lowest value, which is $19,000, to the highest value, which is $68,500. The majority of this salary falls within this range.
- The present range is from $34,500 (the 25th percentile) to $50,000 (the 75th percentile).
- In the United States, the highest earners, those in the 90th percentile, earn $60,500 per year.
The wide variation in the average annual pay for an event coordinator, which is up to $15,500, indicates that there are numerous possibilities for a higher salary based on experience level, work location, and skills.
Work Explanation: Salaries For Event Coordinator
To earn an average salary of about $43,399 as an event coordinator in the United States, you should know the job. If you don’t know about the job requirements, you will not be able to work properly. So you must gain some knowledge of the work and responsibilities.
Simply put, an expert in the hospitality and events sector who prepares and manages events at different locations is known as an “event coordinator.” For the scheduled and planned events, an event coordinator has to choose the locations while staying within the allocated budgets, organize the on-site suppliers, and guarantee customer satisfaction.
They have to understand the needs of every event according to its importance. Also, they have to plan the events properly within the given time and budget. They have to do it all according to the client’s choice and interest, using their skills and creativity. The idea is to plan outstanding events that will guarantee participant delight and make it easier to accomplish corporate objectives.
Top-earning cities for event coordinators
An element that highly affects your salary is the state or city of your job. Your working place, the area in which you are working, and the cost of living in that city will all combine to affect your salary. If you select the city carefully, you will be able to earn and save more money. Here are the top 10 highest-earning cities where you can earn more than the national average salary with their annual salaries.
- San Jose… $53,072
- Oakland……. $52,504
- Hayward……. $51,380
- Barnstable Town: $50,533
- Sunnyvale…… $50,479
- Seaside………. $49,677
- Antioch….. $49,543
- Wasilla……. $9,178
So you can see that the best state for working as an event coordinator is San Jose, where you can earn $53,072, which is almost 10% higher than the average salary. Second, comes Oakland, and third comes Hayward. You can select a city according to your preference. Just be wise in selecting the city, and don’t forget to look at the cost of living.
Top-Paying Related Jobs
In this field, you can make yourself qualified for some higher-paying jobs instead of being a simple event coordinator. These top-paying related jobs in the event coordinator’s field are mentioned below with their annual salaries.
- Becoming a work-from-home pharmaceutical event planner gives you more income, which is approximately $83,851, and it’s far better than the average income of an event coordinator. The hourly rate is equal to $40.31.
- Senior event planners can earn up to $82,942, which is equal to $39.88 per hour.
- If you become a global event coordinator, your salary can increase to approximately $82,030 annually, which is $39.44 per hour.
- As a senior event manager, you can earn up to $80,617. The hourly rate is $38.76.
- Lastly, you can also become an Event Planning Consultant, where you can earn $76,739 annually. In this case, the hourly wage is equal to $36.89.
So these are some of the jobs in the field of event coordinators that help you earn more than the average annual salary of a simple event coordinator, which is only about 43,399 dollars. If you can do one of these jobs, you can earn up to 35% to 40% more.
To become a professional event coordinator, you should have certain qualities and skills. If you lack the skills or the proper education, you cannot work properly. If you lack the basic skills needed to become a good event coordinator, you will not be approached by people or companies, and eventually, you will not be able to have a proper salary or an increase in your salary. Some of the basic skills that are important to become an event coordinator are mentioned here.
- You must have excellent communication and negotiation skills. You also need to know how to manage your time properly. Time management skills are the key to this profession.
- Also, you need to know about the organizational and planning skills of an event coordinator. It’s because the basic work of an event coordinator is to plan an event in a very good way.
- As an event coordinator, you should be able to multitask. It’s very necessary because an event coordinator has to do many things at once, like communicate with different vendors, organize other things, make arrangements, etc.
- You should be able to make decisions while remaining calm in a stressful situation.
So these are some skills you must have to become a good professional event coordinator.
Now We’ve learnt about ‘Salaries For Event Coordinator’, This article is full of knowledge for you if you are interested in the salaries of event coordinators. You’ll learn about their average salaries, salary ranges, top-paying cities, top-paying related jobs, and their skills and demands. It will greatly assist you in learning everything you need to know about event coordinators if you want to become one. Simply read this article carefully to reap the benefits.
- Which degree is suitable if you want to become an event coordinator?
A major in hospitality management or public relations is the best degree to become an event coordinator.
- Are the event coordinator and event planner the same?
No, these are two different posts, and their work is also different from one another.