A data engineer is one of the most recent high-tech jobs that has boomed over the last 10 years in the USA and is still in the early stages of increasing in some of the less developed or developing countries. Being a data scientist or a data engineer is one of the best jobs in the country, as it has one of the highest average salaries in the country, with just marketing jobs higher than it. Let us know about the ‘Salaries For Data Engineer’.
What does a data engineer do?
First of all, if you want to become a data engineer, you need to have an undergrad degree in engineering and then a master’s degree in the field of data science. If you have an undergrad degree in computer engineering, that’s better, but any engineering degree would do the trick for you.
A data engineer is somewhat popular in the country as all the companies are now more or less run by the data they collect from different users, and that data helps them to make their company better every day, generating a high income for the company and helping reduce the gap in the market if any. That’s where a data engineer plays a big role; he or she not only maintains the databases but also builds and maintains them to create large-scale processing systems on which the normal employee can operate and do the right analysis on the data provided to him/her in a more refined form.
Salaries for data engineers
So, if the demand for a data engineer is so high in today’s market that even if there is a recession, data engineers are still getting jobs, and at very high pay, how much does a data engineer make on average in a year? The answer to that is that the national average salary for a data engineer is $134,656 per year, which ranges from the lowest of $86,000 per year to as high as $208,485 per year. This is one of the biggest numbers in the country, just below the digital marketing sector. The ones who freelance their work to different companies charge around $58 per hour on average, although the number goes as low as $37 per hour and as high as $89 per hour.
Which is the best company to work for as a data engineer in the country?
The best company to work for as a data engineer in the country is:
Fidelity Talent Source Company
One of the biggest companies in technology at this point in the US is Fidelity Talent Source, which provides jobs to people who are full stack developers, data engineers, data scientists, cloud architects, software architects, etc. This company’s pay is the highest in the country in the technology sector. The average salary that this company pays to its data engineer is $247,234 per year, which is 96% greater than the national average salary of a data engineer in the country.
The lowest amount of salary that they have provided their employee this year is $107,300, and the number goes as high as $400,000 per year. On an hourly basis, this company provides their employees with $106 per hour on average, with the number going as high as $200 per hour, which is one of the biggest numbers any company gives in the country and more than some of the technology giants like Apple, Microsoft, etc.
Which is the best city to work in as a data engineer?
The top city to work in is:
The best city to work as a data engineer Considering all markets, workplace environments, and equipment required, Washington, DC, the capital of the country USA, is the best city for a data engineer to build and grow his/her career in the field. The average salary given to a data engineer in the city is $167,000 per year, which is 24% higher than the national average of the country, with the number going as low as $118,000 per year.
Which are some of the best skills that a data engineer can learn in order to increase its salaries?
- Java: so if a person knows the programming language of Java, then that employee can easily get a hike of 10% in his or her salary as there is a shortage of data engineers who know Java in the market, and the company pays a lot to these employees if they are good at their work.
- Hadoop: It is another programming language related to the cloud, and React is the Hadoop language, which is sometimes required to make dashboards for clients by coding, and if the employee has that skill, he or she can expect an 8.27% increase in their salary.
- Spark: Another tool that is related to the Python programming language is the Sparks tool, which is somewhat needed in the framework of Python programming, therefore the employee can accept a 7.62% hike in their salary if they know this skill.
- Scala: one of the most famous and trending frameworks in the country right now is the Scala Framework, which helps the data engineers’ jobs become so easy and efficient that the employee can get a 7.61% hike in their salary if they know this skill nicely.
- Python: The skill that is most required and appreciated in the field of data engineers is the python programming language, and the employee can get a 7% hike in their salary if they know it.
Becoming a data engineer is one of the best-paying options and jobs for any person in the whole world; the field is rising and will grow a lot in the 21st century. The average salary of a data engineer is $134,000 per year, and the best company to work for as a data engineer is Fidelity Talent Source, and the best city to work in is Washington, DC.
1. What is the national salary satisfaction score in the data engineering field?
The national salary satisfaction score is 69 out of 100 in the data engineering field.