The job of a freight train conductor is to look over the loading and unloading of the cargo. Long workings on trains that cover long, national routes are common. They work on trains that only operate locally and regionally. They are the people who are responsible for looking over the train crew on a freight train and are supposed to work on the coordination of switching engine crews, too.let us know about that the Salaries For A Freight Train Conductor.
The different pay scales present for the job
The average salary amount earned by a freight train conductor is around $73,432 per annum in the United States. The average bonus earned in the job is $1,052, which represents 1% of their per annum salary. San Francisco presents the highest salary, suggesting $110,248 per annum for the job. The pay scale of a Class C freight train conductor falls between $13,940 and $370,762 per annum. While 46% of workers earn an average of $67,090 per annum, if a freight train conductor files for tax with an estimated federal tax of 22%, one could expect to take home an amount of $61,337 per annum, which equates to a $2,556 monthly salary.
The job of a freight train conductor requires certain skills and responsibilities that need to be completed. They are supposed to check that the passenger’s journey is in order and that they have safely boarded the train. The passengers’ tickets are supposed to be checked by them. They oversee the process of loading and unloading the cargo on and off the train. They are supposed to assist and help the passengers accordingly, and they are responsible for announcing the stations. The job requires one to be on the train, and it may not look like it, but one must be able to work in every kind of weather and have physical strength because the job requires the capability to lift, push, and pull different kinds of weights. Before departure, they have to check all the equipment. They are responsible for understanding the warning signs and the bulletins; they have to work orders and hand signals and systems, for it is a necessary trait to gain.
Average salaries presented according to experience
The salary amount presents to a freight train conductor differs depending on many factors in the United States.
- The average salary amount for the job is around $60,300 per annum, while the bottom 10% of the employees earn $42,950 per annum. Employees in the upper 10% earn an average of $91,630 per annum in salary. The aspect of experience makes the pay scale vary widely for the job of a freight train conductor.
- An entry-level position at work earns an amount of $41,690 per annum, which equates to a $20.04 per hour wage for the salary amount.
- A conductor with experience of 4-5 years earns an amount of $59,780 per annum, which equates to $28.74 per hour wage for the job, while an employee with over 10+ years of experience earns around $92,280 per annum, which equates to $44.36 per hour wage for the salary amount for the job of a freight train conductor in the United States.
The pay scale presented in different cities in the United States
The highest paying freight train conductor jobs in the United States are a Test Conductor, which presents $81,536 per annum, and a Trainee Rail Engineer, which presents an amount of $77,574 per annum for the job.
- A Locomotive Engineer Trainee presents $56,396 per annum for the salary amount, while a railroad conductor engineer presents an amount of $55,449 per annum for the job.
- San Francisco presents an average of $81,663 per annum, while Miami presents $63,600 per annum for the salary for the job.
- Chicago presents $69,309 per annum for the salary amount, while Boston presents $73,593 per annum for the salary amount.
- New York presents an amount of $78,593 per annum, while Dallas presents an amount of $64,906 per annum salary amount for the job of a freight train conductor.
The pay scale presents in different states of the United States is
The pay scale varies with each place; for example, Utah presents $71,327 per annum, while Oregon presents $75,667 per annum.
- Wyoming and Iowa present $66,198 and $71,921 per annum, respectively, salary amounts for the job. $65,964 is the salary amount presented by Rhode Island, while New Hampshire presents $65,159 per annum.
- Nevada suggests $68,937 per annum, while Connecticut presents $65,768 per annum for the job of a freight train conductor. Alaska presents a $73,783 per annum salary amount, while North Dakota pays $71,363 per annum for the same job.
- Minnesota presents a salary of $66,862 per annum, while Pennsylvania presents a salary of $61,432 per annum. Louisiana and Michigan offer $ 63,144 and $60,762 per annum, respectively, salary amounts for the job of a freight train conductor.
- Oklahoma presents $61,118 per annum, while California presents a $70,151 per annum salary amount. Arizona and Arkansas present $64,336 and $62,232 per annum, respectively, for the salary amount.
- Ohio presents $60,22 per annum, while Illinois presents a $63,283 per annum salary amount. Washington and Vermont suggest $65,022 and $64,285 per annum, respectively, for salary amounts for the job of a freight train conductor. Texas and Massachusetts present $63,048 and $65,720 per annum, respectively, salary amounts.
- Montana and New Jersey present $60,088 and $58,041 per annum, respectively, for the job. West Virginia presents an amount of $59,921 per annum, while Maryland suggests a $60,324 per annum salary amount for the job of a freight train conductor.
The freight train conductor is supposed to ensure the safe loading and unloading of the cargo, supervise the train staff and crew on the journey, and ensure the safety of the cargo onboard. A freight train conductor’s average salary is around $65,510 per annum while the pay scale falls between $56,713 to $73,924 per annum in the United States. The pay scale for the job widely varies depending on the different factors affecting it, including academic qualification, years of experience one has, supplementary training or certification, and the location one works.