In this article, we will see the sample Technical Interview Questions and answers.
The influence of technology in a business-post the zoonotic pandemic has appreciated considerably. The work, the workplace, and the workforce are changing. The newer concepts of Work from home, transacting over the internet, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Data Science, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Programming Language, etc., have created alternative platforms in conducting business.
The factor of globalization has brought in a lot of change in the economy as far as the movement of goods and services and people is concerned. Therefore, besides soft skills, hard skills are also playing an integral role in our economy in terms of business. One must enhance such skills to sustain in the desired field. Fields for engineers, scientists, health and medical sciences, agriculture, logistics, retail, and transportation have taken a new look at the world. Because today, machines are taking control over humans.
And as far as employment in the technological industry is concerned, the approach of these job interviews is far different from the regular job interviews. Because here you will be assessed according to your knowledge base and technological skills required to be selected by the industry.
Various categories include:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Software engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural engineering
- Engineering physics
- Biotechnology and Biomedical engineering
- Energy engineering
- Marine engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Materials Science
- Engineering mathematics
Sample Technical Interview Questions and answers
To help you land your ideal job, here is a list of the probable technical interview questions for both freshmen and experienced candidates.
Computer Science and Engineering
- Tell me what you understand about SDLC?
SDLCis an acronym for Software Development Life Cycle. It’s a technique for developing high-quality software in less time.
SDLC includes the following stages:
- What are the different OOPS principles?
The different OOPS principles are:
- What is the work of the World Wide Web (WWW)?
It is used to obtain information over the internet.
- What do you understand by Algorithms?
An algorithm is defined as an approach to solving a problem one step at a time.
- Explain the meaning of primary memory?
Primary memory is often used to store information temporarily until the process of execution is completed.
- Mention the types of constructors?
The two types of constructors are:
1) default constructor
2) parameterized constructor
- Mention the types of access modifiers?
Protected: Only a specific package and its subclasses can see it.
Private: Only a select group of people can see it.
Public: The term “public” refers to something visible to everyone, ie. The general public.
- What do you understand about polymorphism?
Polymorphism is most typically utilized in OOP. Thereby it refers to an object’s ability to take on various forms.
- What is an array?
An array is a set that stores values of similar data types.
- What is a data structure?
It is a collection of raw data organized inside the memory of the computer to use effectively when required.
- Differentiate between software engineering and computer science engineering?
A piece of programming code is referred to as a computer programme. It completes a specific mission. On the other hand, the software includes documentation, programming code, and a user guide.
- Do you have any ideas about software re-engineering?
It is a software development method that aims to make a software system more maintainable.
- Can you mention some software requirements?
A functional description of a proposed software system is referred to as software requirements. It’s supposed to be a description of the target system, including its functions and features.
- Define modularization?
Modularization is a software division technique that divides a software system into discrete components. It is expected of them to complete the responsibilities on their own.
- Can you differentiate between Exe and DLL?
A DLL is a file that may be dynamically loaded and run by applications, whereas an exe is an executable programme. It’s a program’s external code repository. Because the two programmes are distinct, they should share the same DLL rather than having identical code in their files. It also minimizes the amount of storage space necessary.
- Can you tell me the efficiency range of a two-stroke engine?
Two-stroke engines have a significantly larger range than four-stroke engines. Because every two rotations in two strokes and every four revolutions in four strokes, a power stroke is generated.
- What exactly do you mean when you say “engine CC”?
The abbreviation CC stands for cubic centimetres. The whole volume of the engine cylinder is represented by this number. This means that engines with a higher CC can generate greater power than those with a lower CC. The inverse relationship between CC and fuel usage can also be found.
- Can you explain the meaning of kingpin offset?
If the kingpin axis contacts the wheel plane at or below ground level, this geometric parameter is positive and if the point of intersection is above ground level, it is negative. This is known as kingpin offset also known as scrub radius.
- Can you tell me the working principle of a tractor’s hydrostatic propulsion system?
It is determined by Pascal’s law. Because the pressure in the system is constant, the force that the fluid exerts on the environment is equal to the ‘pressure area.’ A small piston feels a small force, while a huge piston feels a large force in this way.
- What will the weight shift be during the drive torque?
In automobiles, torque is applied to the rear wheels, which limits acceleration due to weight transfer from front-wheel drive. The car’s chassis is attached to this drive. As a result, modern manufacturers construct rear-wheel-drive to handle similarly to front-wheel drive whenever possible through suspension tuning.
- What do you think the role of a chemical engineer in an industry would be?
In an industry, a chemical engineer checks whether products are safe for the environment and the general public using existing processes; estimates production costs; designs safety procedures for handling dangerous chemicals; develops new manufacturing methods; and provides onsite consultation and troubleshooting services.
- Can you explain the concept of angle of repose?
The entire concept is based on the development of a conical pipe when any solid material is poured onto a flat surface. The angle formed between the pile’s side and the receiving surface. Surface area, material density, and coefficient of friction are all elements that influence it.
- What are PCBs?
Polychlorinated Biphenyls is a term that is commonly used in the chemical industry for disposal difficulties.
- Can you differentiate between unit operation and unit process?
This is an operational inquiry in which the interviewer is attempting to learn about your approach to this work and some of the processes and procedures you employ to carry out the required functions.
- While many tests exist to detect leaks in vessels, is there a technology that can quantify the leak or measure the flow via a leak?
The Intek, Inc. in Westerville, OH’s RheoVac air in-leak monitor is a useful metre that displays the actual air in-leakage flow rate. It also shows you the capacity of the exhauster and the vacuum quality.
- What do you mean by tolerance?
It raises the likelihood of rejection and the final expense of the product. Component dimension tolerance is used to save money and make things simpler for the manufacturer.
- Can you name two types of brakes?
- What do you understand by engineering drawing?
It’s a technical document that’s used to communicate technical information and specify requirements.
- AFBC Full form?
Atmospheric Fluidized Bed Combustion.
- Explain knurling?
It is a manufacturing method in which a pattern is created on a bar that may be used as a handle using a lathe tool.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Can you explain about your understanding in the term communication?
When we talk maybe through devices verbally or by texting, or sometimes in direct face to face, signals are delivered. This is done in between a sender and a receiver. This phenomenon is called Communication.
- Can you list two advantages of resistors?
- They are cheap and easy to afford.
- They are small and easy to carry.
- Explain cut-off frequency?
The frequency of response at -3dB comparatively to the highest frequency is called the cut-off frequency.
- How will you explain power rating?
The power rating of a diode is defined as the maximum amount of power that may be dissipated without failure, where V f is the forward biassed voltage and I f is the forward biassed current.
- What do you understand by demodulation?
Demodulation is the process of stripping the modulation from an analog signal to recover the basic baseband signal. Because the receiver system gets a modulated signal with certain properties and needs to convert it to a baseband, demodulation is required.
- What is a diode? State one example.
A semiconductor device allowing the flow of current only in one direction is called a diode.
Example: light-emitting diode (LED).
- What is the use of a rectifier? State its type.
When a current gets converted from Alternating current into Direct current, a rectifier is used.
The types of rectifiers are:
- Half wave rectifier
- Full-wave rectifier
- Can you explain the meaning of an ideal transformer?
An ideal transformer is an unrealistic idea, where no losses are occurring. Power Input = Power Output
- Define a Zener diode?
A Zener diode is a type of semiconductor that, when exposed to enough voltage, allows current to flow in the opposite direction.
- Can you state one application of a transistor?
The transistor in a circuit can help to increase the current as a result of which the output current is always more than the input current.
- What happens if you double the series current?
The confrontation will get halved.
- Can you state some advantages of a thyristor?
A thyristor can be used as a Speed controller, since it;
- Helps to reduce the cost.
- Gives highly accurate results.
- Helps to switch fast between BJT and IGBT.
- What are transistors made up of?
Transistors are semiconductors, made up of:
- p-type and
- Name some of the tools used in an electric circuit?
- Ammeters Cathode Ray Oscilloscope
- Power meter
- Signal Generators and Analyzers
- Microwave meter
- What is a two-phase motor?
A motor with two voltages that are 90 degrees apart is called a two-phase motor. They require a two-phase system with two live and one ground wire. However, these motors are no longer in practical use today.
- What is a projection line?
When the world is portrayed on a flat piece of paper it is known as the projection line.
- Can you list the steps required for concreting?
The steps are:
- Then we mix
- Transporting and the concrete placement
- What do you understand by guniting?
It is a procedure in which a 1:3 mixture of cement and sand is sprayed on a concrete surface with a cement gun at a pressure of 2 to 3 kg/cm2. It is a very successful method of mending concrete walls or other damaged surfaces.
- Can you name the various types of cement?
- Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC)
- Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
- Portland Slag Cement
- Rapid Hardening Cement
- Low Heat Portland Cement
- White Portland Cement (WPC)
- Sulphate resisting Portland Cement
- What is a shear slump?
When there is a lack of cohesion found in a concrete mixture, we find a Shear slump. As a result, it is susceptible to segregation and bleeding, which is bad for concrete durability.
- Do you have any idea about a floating slab foundation?
A floating concrete foundation is like a mat, made up of a hollow mat which is produced by a grid of thick reinforced concrete walls sandwiched between the two thick concrete slabs.
- What is a change order request?
A change order request is a written document issued or delivered by the owner requesting a contract sum adjustment or contract time extension. It is usually provided by the architect or a representative of the owners.
- What do you mean by wooden Shingles?
Shingling is a classic method of waterproofing a structure. Thereby Wooden shingles are rectangular and are attached to the outside surface like slats or sheets.
- List out the names of three types of roofs?
- Mansard roof
- Bell cast roof
- Dutch gable roof
- Mention two advantages of built balconies?
- The work is done outside the house, so there is no disruption to the structure’s interior.
- Without damaging the building’s inner structure, old balconies can be demolished and new ones placed immediately in front of the face.
- Can you state the importance of GMOs in the field of Biotechnology?
GMO or Genetically Modified Organisms are usually used to modify the function or features of an organism or a substance to create a benefitted product out of it.
- Is phenoxyethanol harmful?
Phenoxyethanol is hazardous and can be absorbed through the skin; nevertheless, official toxicity data shows little toxicity in humans and modest toxicity and irritates animals at high dosages. Phenoxyethanol is used as a bactericide in cosmetics.
- How is Southern blotting beneficial to us?
It detects DNA using gel electrophoresis and hybridization procedures. This approach can also detect bacterial colonies or plaques with DNA.
- What do you understand about bioethics?
Bioethics is the study of moral concerns that arise as a result of breakthroughs in biology, medicine, and technology.
- What is atopy?
Atopy is the tendency to have localized anaphylactic reactions.
- Describe how the dangers of water hammers can be avoided?
The dangers of a water hammer can be avoided by slowly putting steam into the cold line and draining the cold line to prevent a vacuum thereby helping in condensate drainage.
- How are ships flooded?
Ships can be flooded when their hulls rupture for a variety of reasons, including collisions, groundings, and/or inadequate hull maintenance, which allows corrosion to eat away at the hull. It could also be a battle-related exchange of fire for vessels.
- What is the difference between high-temperature corrosion and centre priming?
When materials are exposed to high-temperature atmospheric conditions, such as high levels of oxygen, sulfur, and various types of chemicals, the material deteriorates. High-temperature corrosion is the name for this form of material corrosion.
- What is the process of transferring power from a huge naval generator to the MSB?
The generator of 440v can be routed by using busbars. Overload safeguards are linked to favored trips.
- What is the significance of the code number on the bearing?
Bearing number 6205z:
- 6 signifies for the Deep groove ball type of bearing
- 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 signifies outer diameter and thickness.
- Thus the internal diameter of the bearing is 05, hence 05 x 4= 20 mm bore.
So these were some of the technical interview questions which you can prepare to be able to answer questions asked by the interviewer.
Try to stay focused, practice, and be mentally prepared for difficult questions even. Mostly an interviewer would be asking conceptual questions to test your aptitude and interest in learning.