Panera Bread is an American chain of bakery café with a fast-casual restaurant operating in 2000 different locations in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in Sunset Hills, Missouri, a menu full of varied bakery items and pasta, pizza, salad, sandwiches, soup, and special drinks are served with the assistance of 52,000 employees and the guidance of their parent JAB Holding company. We will discuss the Panera Bread Hiring Age compete guide in this article over here and some other details.
Eligibility – Panera Bread Hiring Age
The minimum age requirement required to be given a position of work at Panera Bread is 16 years old. Therefore, none below shall be allowed to be against the company policies and government rules.
Monday to Friday, the Panera Bread stores operate from 9: 00 AM in the morning to 9: 00 PM in the night while on Saturday and Sunday the Panera Bread store timings are from 10: 00 AM in the morning to 9: 00 PM in the night.
There is a lot more information to grab before you can actually decide where to apply and for which position. For this reason, you must compare the benefits offered, hours of work expected to be done, and most importantly, the pay rate per hour of various companies, along with keeping a note of their methods of application, type of interviews, etc.
- Job positions are open for experienced, non – experienced, and little experienced candidates as well along with them being available for both full-time and part-time work hours.
- Applications can be printed and then submitted physically at the store for better considerations or sent online by uploading the resume with correct entries of the asked data.
- Log in to your profile, if you had one previously linked with the company else you shall have to create a new one with a username and strong password by providing personal and professional details like name, address, contact information, educational qualifications, job done previously, experience, availability, salary expectations, etc.
- Check your application status online by logging in to your profile or by visiting the store or calling or mailing.
- Within two weeks of submitting an application, an interview should be scheduled with the manager which shall be of approximately 20 minutes.
- One’s dressing for their interview should be as per the position they have applied for. Formals for management positions and semi-formals or business casual for regular positions.
- Certain interview questions have been mentioned below:
- Why should we hire you?
- What benefit shall the company have if employing you?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
- What are your expectations from this work?
- Where do you imagine yourself in the coming years?
- Do you believe in leadership skills?
- Are you willing to take orders?
- Would overtime bother you?
- It is indeed very important to have done enough research about the company practices, policies, etc. before diving deep into the hiring process.
- Work training is provided to all employees so fresher’s need not worry about what they would do and whether they would be removed if found out that they knew nothing.
- No drug tests are done before hiring.
- The Orientation is a paid one even though it is a minimum sum meant to be paid only for encouragement.
- A background check shall be done for marking clearance on a felony conviction in the last seven years of the approved candidate’s life.
The employees wear short-sleeved solid-colored polo shirts with no logos and no promotional t-shirt as well. They are always tucked into their lowers ones and should be clean and un-torn. Along with these a hat, an orange-colored collar shirt with black jeans is another set of uniforms worn by the employees. No unnatural hair color is allowed; however, tattoos, nose, and ear piercings are allowed.
The beneficiaries provided to an employee of Panera Bread are as follows:
- Paid Time Off at the Rate of 10 Days in a Year.
- Performance Bonus
- 401(k) Retirement Plans
- Healthcare Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Short-term disability insurance for accidents and illness.
- Long term disability insurance.
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Time Off
- Employee discount at the rate of 65%.
- Tuition reimbursement at the rate of 25%.
- There is no holiday pay.
A payment rate varies from the minimum payment being $ 9.36 per hour for a team trainer to a maximum of $19.03 per hour for the restaurant manager. To mention a few other positions and their average pay rate per hour read below,
- A cashier receives $ 10 ranging from as low as $ 8 to as high as $ 12 per hour on an average.
- A line cook at Panera Bread restaurant makes $ 10 ranging from as low as $ 8 to as high as $ 13 per hour on an average.
- A restaurant assistant manager at Panera Bread store makes $ 15 ranging from as low as $ 12 to as high as $ 20 per hour on an average.
- A baker makes $ 13 ranging from as low as $ 10 to as high as $ 16 per hour on an average.
- A sales associate makes $ 10 ranging from as low as $ 8 to as high as $ 13 per hour on an average.
- A Training associate receives $ 11 ranging from as low as $ 9 to as high as $ 13 per hour on an average.
- An Overnight baker receives $ 13 ranging from as low as $ 10 to as high as $ 16 per hour on an average. Their hours of work typically range from 9 p m to 5 or 6 a m.
- A delivery driver receives $ 9 ranging from as low as $ 6 to as high as $ 14 per hour on average.
- A retail shift supervisor receives $ 12 ranging from as low as $ 9 to as high as $ 15 per hour on an average.
- A customer service representative receives $ 11 ranging from as low as $ 8 to as high as $ 15 per hour on an average.
- A restaurant manager receives $ 13 ranging from as low as $ 9 to as high as $ 19 per hour on average.
- A prep cook receives $ 10 ranging from as low as $ 8 to as high as $ 12 per hour on an average.
- A server receives $ 11 ranging from as low as $ 4 to as high as $ 18 per hour on average.
- A food service supervisor receives $ 13 ranging from as low as $ 9 to as high as $ 19 per hour on an average.
- A crew leader receives $ 15 ranging from as low as $ 8 to as high as $ 23 per hour on an average.
All the payments are made on a Bi-weekly basis and to mention the specific day of the seven days of the week on Tuesdays. Overtime payments are made to anyone who is working for more than 40 hours a week.
The stores remain closed on Christmas and thanksgiving and operate on regular hours for other holidays.