In this article, we will see the answer to the question ‘What to wear at Nike’s Interview?.
Going for an interview at Nike and don’t know what to wear then don’t worry, this article is for you. By the end of you will know a lot about the dress code to follow at Nike’s interview. Attire plays an important role in the selection process in the interview. Most people fear the new ‘dress code policy that is prevalent in almost every company. But this is not the thing to worry about.
Certainly, people think that being a brand for sportswear, it hires only attractive-looking athletes. But that’s a false notion that people follow. Since Nike is a brand that deals with inclusive sports and gym wear.
Nike is the world’s largest brand dealing in sports and types of equipment. It is an American company famous for selling its sports equipment worldwide was founded by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight in January 1964. Everyone must have come around Nike’s product once in their life. Instead of manufacturing sports products, Nike also owns retail stores under its name.
With rising competition, the brand has still maintained its place among one of the fastest-growing retail stores. Nike’s products include shoes, shorts, jerseys, and many more. For sports activities as well, you will find products in the retail stores of Nike.
What crucial role does your attire hold in an interview?
When you enter the interview hall at a corporate office, your appearance speaks more about you. Thus, dressing in the perfect attire shows that you are serious about the job position. It also shows that you have knowledge of the business world and it would be easy for you to fit in that role. As said, “The first impression is the last impression”, so when you can cease this moment then why wait for other moments. Just shine in your first meet with the interviewers, this will give them a positive vibe about you which will help you to get selected.
What should one wear for Nike’s interview?
You need to look presentable and neat in the interview but one thing you need to keep in mind is to be natural. So, here are some basic tips for everyone selected for Nike’s interview. Irrespective of the gender you should follow the given dressing etiquette:
- Wear something that reflects your personality and a formal and sporty look will do good.
- Your nails should be clean and trimmed.
- Be neatly dressed, by neatly dressed we mean there should be no creases on your dress or shirt whatever you are wearing.
- Wear something comfortable that
Girls should follow the following dressing attire with general guidelines: :
- Do not wear too much jewelry or make-up. A little make-up with a nude lip shade will do, remember you are going for an interview and not to a beauty contest.
- Prefer not to wear high heels. Be decent and wear either shoes or wedges.
- Try to be as decent as you can be while choosing outfits to give a good impression on interviewers. You can walk in wearing business casuals, even wearing your favorite sports outfit will work.
- Your hair should be neatly tied up.
Guys should follow the following dressing attire with general guidelines:
- Prefer not to wear something very expensive like a watch or chains. Though, a decent sports watch can work.
- Avoid some rocking hairstyle. Your hair should be combed in a neat and presentable manner.
- A business suit with nice pair of shoes can do good. Likewise, a little sporty look can be helpful.
For further assistance, you can check out the official website of Nike, and go through the product of Nike. Preferably wear something of the brand be it shoes or some other outfit.
Salary at Nike
According to Glassdoor, the average starting salary of employees at Nike is $15 per hour. Whereas, the average salary for an expert is around $57 per hour. Hourly pay at Nike ranges from $13 to $17 per hour, where a sales associate makes $13 per hour and the highest salary is for people from the communication department.
Apart from providing fashionable sports and gym outfits, employees at Nike are offered perks which are listed below:
- Company Social Outings
- Legal Assistance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time off
- Maternity/ Paternity Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Performance Bonus
- Unique office space
These are just a handful of benefits given to an employee at Nike. You can get much more benefits which will be unwrapped when you will start working as an employee. Nike’s perks are unique and beneficial as they take care of you and your employee.
How does Nike hire?
Nike follows a proper structure to hire employees. You can follow the basic steps given below:
All the candidates can apply for an internship or job at Nike through online mode as it is easy and concise.
- First of all, you should fill a job application form.
- Then, meet a recruiter who will judge whether you are perfect for that position or not.
- The last step is towards becoming a member of Nike is the interview. The most important of all is the interview, people have created a taboo but the simple steps which should follow are:
- Do read about Nike
- Know about the product, that does not matter for which post you are applying you should know about the product.
- Give all the answers politely and always keep a smile on your face.
- The last one is to dress properly which has already been discussed above.
What after applying for a job?
Once, applied for the job you have to wait for some time and you will receive feedback from the recruiter. Generally, a company expects that you meet all the targets at a time. So, once you get selected you need to new efficient and effective employee.
Questions to expect from interviewers
The questions asked at Nike’s interview can be about the wide variety of products. You can expect straightforward questions from the interviewer. Here is the list of questions along with their answer:
Ques 1. Why do you want to work for Nike?
Ans. Never answer that because of your financial issues, you want this job. Instead, you can answer by saying that you are looking forward to developing your skills and add knowledge about the corporate world to your resume. Say that you’ll be beneficial to this organization. Also, tell them about the craze you have for this brand.
You can speak about the brand value of the company, which will help you to work on your weakness.
Ques 2. Can you please tell us something about yourself, your working experience?
Ans. Here you need not talk about your personal life, keep it professional and talk about the experience you had. Tell them about your skills which prove to be beneficial to the previous company and will help Nike also to gain profits and achieve their goals.
Ques. 3 What are you passionate about and how it relates to Nike?
Ans. This is the question where you can show your love towards sports and how much you have achieved in sports throughout your life. Even you tell them that you want to save the environment, and thus all the products of Nike are environment friendly. However, by working at Nike you can satisfy your passion and earn a good amount.