Are you excited to know Is Sodexo a Good Company to Work for?. Read the article for full details.
Having made a sky-rocketing revenue of around 21B dollars, Sodexo is acclaimed to be one of the best facilitating management companies and has a fair share of network marketing across the world.
Sodexo not only serves as a facilities management company but also provides reception, in-home assistance, cleaning, child care, concierge, and food services serving across a wide range of places such as private corporations, government agencies, universities, schools, assist-living facilities, military bases, and prisons.
Sodexo was initially designated for food-serving purposes and was founded in 1960 by an Emeritus based businessman, Pierre Bellon, and went on to be a global service-based company having acquired partnerships in more than 30 countries worldwide.
Initial stages of Sodexo
Sodexo is a global client-service-based company that is primarily designed for integrated food and facilities management services and built for the purpose to serve worldwide. Alongside, the company also provides a wide range of services such as housekeeping, snow removal, dining, mobile technician, move management, space planning, and cleaning services.
Sodexo company was initially called Sodexho Alliance and was a France-based food outsourcing management company. It changed its name to Sodexo after a shareholder vote at the company’s annual general meeting on 22nd January 2008.
The company Sodexo provides outsourced food and facilities management services and the headquarters of this company is located in Paris. Sodexo has a corporate network and serves health care, corporate, and education markets in the United States.
Having a mission to serve life and to build a quality life for the performance and growth of individuals, Sodexo improves to be one of the leading-edge contributors in redefining how to best serve client’s complex needs across a wide range of industries such as
- Senior Living
- Sports and Leisure
- Energy and Resources
- Government and Agencies
Sodexo touches more than 75 million consumers across 80 countries globally. In North America alone, Sodexo serves more than 15 million consumers at 9000 client servers.
A brief description of the job designations in Sodexo
Sodexo is a global client-service-based company that provides a door of opportunities to individuals of different backgrounds without any restrictions or special requirements. From a junior clerk manager to a senior executive accountant, there are a lot of designated positions Sodexo has to offer for potential individuals from different backgrounds.
Some of the popular on-demand jobs that are in place by Sodexo and their respective salaries are mentioned below
- Cook – Average salary ranges up to 250$ per month.
- Assistant cook – Average salary of up to 180$ per month.
- Housekeeping manager – Average salary of up to 200$ per month.
- Electrical technician – Average salary of up to 220$ per month.
- Room service server – Average salary of up to 150$ per month.
- F & B Manager – Average salary of up to 260$ per month.
- Line cook – Average salary of up to 280$ per month.
- Steward – Average salary of up to 150$ per month.
- Mechanical technician – Average salary of up to 230$ per month.
- Maintenance mechanic – Average salary of up to 220$ per month.
- Housekeeping manager – Average salary of up to 250$ per month.
- Front Desk Manager – Average salary of up to 240$ per month.
- Front desk receptionist – Average salary of up to 270$ per month.
- Back Office Executive – Average salary of up to 290$ per month.
- Hospitality Manager – Average salary of up to 750$ per month.
Range of Salary pay in the US from Sodexo company
The USA has been quite an active participant in holding the Sodexo company marketing share and has several distributors placed in it. The average monthly salary ranges from approximately 140$ per month Service Associate to 650$ per month for a Head Chef designated in the company.
The average Sodexo company salary also ranges from approximately 1650$ per annum for a General Assistant to around 18800$ per annum for a General Manager of the company supervising any department.
The above estimations and the general predictions are made based on the countless number of reviews and potential customer feedback collected from various job application websites such as Indeed, Glassdoor, Monster, etc.
According to the insights that have been surveyed by the Job management websites such as Indeed, Monster, Glassdoor; Sodexo offers to be a decent place of work with a scope of skill improvement and work management to all the employees. It continues to provide a bag of potential opportunities for the job holders and creates a decent work atmosphere.
Pros of working in Sodexo
Based on employee review management, Sodexo is a decent workplace and authorizes a good amount of work management to all the employees that are assigned. Some of the good enough reasons to pursue work at Sodexo are –
- Provides organized management of work and decent salary to the employees
- Creation of a work-friendly environment and free lunch/snacks
- Good initial training and scope for learning
- Equality and transparency at work
- Premium sale reports and creation of safe work environment
- Flexible and consistent scope of job improvements
Cons of working in Sodexo
Though there are several good enough reasons to work in Sodexo company, there are some loopholes that are to be looked at.
According to the review-based affirmations given by the experienced and fresh employees working in Sodexo, there are numerous flaws that might be a reason for you to look out for before making a call to this company.
- The onset of the pandemic has caused a deep fear for employees working at the small scale and medium scale companies, Sodexo being one among them.
- This fear of job loss due to pandemic has been a major negative factor to work in Sodexo like companies and the reason behind employees backing out of it.
- Long working hours and irregular work-life balance has also been one of the major flaws of working in Sodexo and the reason for employees to think twice before joining the company.
The description of the pros and cons of the company, Sodexo company management, Job Description, and the salary mentioned in the above article can be evaluated thoroughly before making the decision of joining Sodexo company and helpful in making an informed decision to any individual.