Don’t know where to start when it comes to a new career? You can explore available job opportunities with our assistance. As a well-known name in the industry, Champ Sports is one of your best options if you want to become a clothing retailer. With more than 580 stores in over 30 countries, Champs Sports is a major online athletic sports retailer in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Foot Locker owns and operates the company. In 1984 Champs Sports was founded in Bradenton, Florida, by Bill Robinson. Athletes, equipment, footwear, and accessories can be found at Champs Sports. In general, the stores are located in malls and are approximately 3,500 square feet in size. In addition, you can now shop directly by using the Champs sports website at any time and from anywhere in the world. Okay, then How to Apply to Champs Sports Careers?
You can find careers at any of Champs sports retail locations or their corporate office by going to the Champs Sports Careers website. In addition, job postings are available in all countries through the website. To submit your resume and application, create an online profile. Your application should be able to stand out from the crowd by highlighting any experience you have.
Job Roles at Champs Sports
Some various posts and responsibilities come along with a championship sports career. Here are some Champs Sports job openings that you might find interesting:
If you want to work as a cashier at Champs Sports, you must fulfill some job duties. Among them are:
- Providing customers with relevant information and responding to complaints.
- You should offer excellent customer care service.
- Increase cross-selling and introduce new products
- You may collect payments via cash or credit card.
- You may issue tickets, receipts, and refunds.
- You can redeem stamps and coupons.
- Check balance sheets for any discrepancies and report them.
- You should pack the product in a box, put it into a bag, or wrap it as a gift.
Qualifications and Requirements for Cashier Role at Champs Sports
Champs Sports requires a few prerequisites to hire you. The following are some of these things:
- It is preferable if you have graduated from high school.
- You must have previous experience in the retail industry as a cashier or a similar position in sales.
- To use the PC, you must have some basic computer knowledge.
- You ought to have a good understanding of electronic equipment, like cash registers and POS systems.
- You must be an expert in mathematics.
- You must be a good communicator and excellent in time management skills.
- You need to be more oriented towards customer satisfaction.
- You should feel comfortable when handling the cash.
Pay Scale: A cashier receives handsome compensation in exchange for their services. In time and with more experience, you will receive pay increments starting at $8 up to $12 per hour. Working hours as a cashier at Champs sports should be between 7-9 hours each day.
- Sales Associate
You will have a few job duties at Champs sports to perform if you want to become an associate. The following are among them:
- As a sales associate, you should greet customers and answer their questions.
- Your primary duties and responsibilities as a Sales Associate include determining the customer requirements, answering their questions about the products, and recommending the most suitable solutions.
- You should provide excellent sales service so that your customers are satisfied.
- Respecting your co-workers and following all company best-practice standards outlined in your work center is necessary.
- It is your responsibility to keep the work area of the Champs Sports center clean at all times and orient the products correctly.
Qualifications and Requirements for Sales Associate Role at Champs Sports:
Before you apply for this position at Champs Sports, follow the requirements outlined in this article if you are interested in being a member of the Champs Sports family. In addition, as mentioned below, you must meet these qualifications:
- To become a sales associate at Champs Sports, you should have a High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Your chances of getting hired by Champs Sports are more significant if you are a marketing or sales major.
- Your communication skills and sales skills should be excellent.
- You should make sure to maintain good working relations with store leaders, associates, and customers by being friendly, respectful, cooperative, and pleasant.
- To succeed in sales, you need to know the principles of sales.
- You will require basic knowledge of mathematics before applying for this post in Champs Sports.
Pay Scale: Champs Sports sets the pay range for this role between $8 and $12 per hour, depending on experience. In this case, the starting salary will depend on whether the candidate has prior experience in the field. In Champs Sports, sales associates work shifts ranging from 8 to 11 hours daily.
- Stock Associate
Champs sports requires stock associates to perform a few tasks. These include:
- The stock should be received, inspected, and counted for damage, spoilage, or missing items.
- A stock associate maintains accurate inventory and shipments using tracking scanners.
- They will ask you to record the store system inventory.
- They will ask you to manage the store stockroom in an orderly manner.
- In your role as a stock associate, you must clearly label items with identification tags and price tags.
- You operate appropriate machinery according to safety protocols as a stock associate.
Qualifications and Requirements for Stock Associate Role at Champs Sports:
To become a member of Champs Sports stock associate, you must meet the basic requirements. As long as you meet all the criteria listed below, you can apply for the stock associate job at Champs Sports. The following specifications are listed:
- You should have a graduation degree from high school or have a GED (General Equivalency Diploma).
- You should have the organizational skill, time-management skills to handle multitasking.
- Physical strength is necessary for unloading, lifting, and carrying heavy boxes.
- Acquaint yourself with inventory management software.
- It is imperative to have adequate communication skills to interact with people in any situation.
- You should respect your teammates and work hard as a team.
Pay Scale: When you worked as a stock associate at Champs Sports, you were well paid. Salary will vary according to the skills. As a freshman, you receive a minimum of $8, and at a higher level of experience, you may receive up to $13 per hour. At champs, working shifts range from 8 to11 hours daily for a stock associate.
- Area Supervisor
You will have some responsibilities if you would like to become an area supervisor at Champs sports. Some of these include:
- When a manager is taking duty, the area supervisor manages the specific area of the store and oversees all the planning for the smooth operation of the store to promote its growth pattern.
- You will make sure all commodities on sale are displayed correctly and keep their work area clean at all times.
- In the Area Supervisor position, you will need to manage the opening and closing of the store, supervise associates, and ensure that the store environment is friendly and easy to shop in.
- You will need to ensure a bridge to connect all the positions in a hold and supervise their smooth workflow.
- As an area supervisor, the employer may also ask you to take up many other responsibilities. When needed, this will include taking on responsibilities such as conducting and overseeing the company operational processes.
Qualifications and Requirements for Area Supervisor Role at Champs Sports:
You will require certain specific qualifications to apply for the post of area supervisor at Champs Sports. The following are some of these things:
- To apply for an area supervisor job, you must possess a bachelor’s degree.
- You should be exceptionally proficient in written and verbal communication.
- You understand legal guidelines and company policies in this field.
- You are responsible for overseeing a specific area of the store, including markdowns, sizes, and cleanliness.
- You can communicate effectively in English.
Pay Scale: When they hire you as an area supervisor at Champs Sports, your salary will range between $11 to $15 per hour. As a fresher, you will likely begin at the lowest end of the wage scale, but you will see your salary increase rapidly over time and passage of experience. The working hours of an area supervisor at Champs Sports are between 10.00 am and 9.00 pm.
What is the Hiring Age for different Job Positions at Champs Sports?
Interested in learning what your age range would be when you join Champs Sports? You can find out this information here. A Champ Sports seeks for minimum age requirement for employment at Champs Sports is 16 years old. Those with high school diplomas or GEDs stand a better chance of getting hired.
Are There Any Application Procedures at Champs Sports?
Are you interested in becoming a Champs Sports employee? There is no doubt that you will find the information you require in this article. Each of the steps will be discussed briefly in the sections below.
- Step 1: Visit the Champs sports Career official page.
- Step 2: Click on the Brand link and then select the Champs Sports button.
- Step 3: Once you click the page, fill in your search criteria by scrolling down the page. You can search for a job title by entering your keywords or skills and city, state, or by zipping code.
- Step 4: After filling in all the details, the website will display details regarding current job opening positions (including the location information). So, if you see a job you’re interested in, click it.
- Step 5: You should scroll down the page and click on the “Apply Now” button after reading the job description.
- Step 6: Sign in to your account or create a new account to begin the application process by providing your username and password. You must then click the following button to create your account.
- Step 7: Next, you will need to attach your resume/CV and any other documents relevant to your application (such as references, transcripts, etc.). Then you enter all relevant Personal Information such as name, address, city, state, contact number, etc. You might also include your work experience and academic background. Next is to answer the questions regarding how available you are to work on each day. You will have the option to accept the terms and conditions of the business agreement after filling out all the above information. Then, click on the ‘Submit Profile’ button.
- Step 8: You will have Candidate Questions after you have filled out all the details.
- Step 9: Clicking the “Next” button will reveal some EEO questions, such as your gender and originality. Please proceed by clicking the Next button after entering the necessary details.
- Step 10: In the next step, they will ask job-specific questions.
- Step 11: As long as you follow all the steps outlined above, your application will be successful, and you will receive a “Thank you for applying” message from the Champs Sports team.
Champs Sports Benefits: What are they?
Champs Sports offers several benefits both for full-time employees and part-time employees. Employees receive different and specific Employee Benefits. These benefits depend extensively on various factors like- the length of work (full-time or part-time), duration of work, and their role in the firm. Most Champs Sports employees who have 3 to 6 Years of experience rate their Park and Benefits highly.
Champs Sports offers the following employee benefits to their employees:
- They are providing Retirement Saving Plan 401(K) to their trusted employees.
- To reward their quality employees, they offer them a 50% discount at the store.
- For all the employees, Champs Sports provides PTO (Paid Time Off)/ Vacation Policy.
- Their employees will get flexible working schedules at this organization.
- Champs Sports offers its employees a range of insurances such as health insurance, life insurance, and dental insurance.
- Women employees have access to several benefits such as paid maternity leave and unpaid maternity leave.
- The organization also provides paid holidays to full-time employees.
- Additionally, Champs Sports offers its employees relocation assistance. It covers the cost of moving an employee from one city or state to another city or state to work for that business.
What Type of Questions Asked in Champs Sports Interview?
Did you ever wonder what kind of interview questions employers asked? If you are confused, you can trust us to guide you, and it will assist you. So here are a few probing questions that we are going to discuss in this section. These questions are just a bunch of common questions asked in Champs sports interviews. However, they will vary according to the interviewer, the position to hold, and many other related factors.
- How would you describe yourself?
A concise description of your personal and professional self.
- Are there any people who inspire you?
Mention your guardian or mentor’s name, who inspired you for this.
- Do you know anything about Champs Sports?
You should have a brief note on the historical background of Champs Sports and other operational information.
- What is your greatest strength?
Workaholic, enthusiastic about learning, customer satisfaction proficiency can be critical points to mention as your greatest strength.
- What is your greatest weakness?
You should cite some positive factors of your driving as the most significant weakness. For example, solutions like “I get too focused on deep research,” etc.
- Do you have any work experience?
Cite the previous experiences in the relative field domains.
- How can we benefit from hiring you?
Cite your experience, positive work ethics, which can be beneficial for the hiring company.
Champs Sports provides numerous employment opportunities. Applicants can choose which position they are interested in. But, it is essential to fill out the form with patience and care. Now you know what types of work Champs Sports offers and how to apply for them. So, grab this golden opportunity to be part of the Champs Sports family without any further delay.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age required to get hired at Champs Sports?
Champs Sports start hiring at the minimum age of 16 years or above.
- How can I apply for any position at Champs Sports?
You can apply online through the website and also directly by visiting the store.
- Can you provide any customer care number and mail address?
To contact a customer service representative, dial,
- Domestic Customers=800-991-6813
- International Customers=715-261-9706
- Calling Time: Monday – Friday=7:00 AM to 10:00 PM || Saturday – Sunday= 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM