Who Owns HBO – HBO is one of the oldest and ancient entertainment brands. Why? The answer is it has been recognized for representing the maximum number of marvelous things for the viewers. With this entertainment channel, no one can feel bored as they have many things to see while sitting on a couch or bed in their free time.
Sometimes, it doesn’t seem easy to join its official panel as it requires a subscription for advanced assessment. This subscription process is easy to perform, but it costs up to $10 to $ 18 per month, which is way too high. This subscription is available for every individual to buy.
The main agenda of our topic is to identify who owns HBO? Well, well, well, the answer is very simple and straightforward. The main owner of this amazing and astonishing network is WarnerMedia. Now, I am damn sure your mind is filled with a simple question: how and when WarnerMedia owns this biggest network. So, for that, you need to read further.
We all know how much movies, shows, cartoons, sports, and news are important nowadays. For this purpose, a long-lasting network is needed to provide us every facility just with one click. And I think HBO is the one who has this ability in a very plain and simple manner. To know more about this amazing fact, let’s hop into our topic!!!
Who Owns HBO?
HBO- Home Box Office is the biggest American Television Network owned by none other than WarnerMedia Studios & Networks. How? Well, HBO is one of the oldest and longest operating services in the US since 1972. It was first launched on the 8th of November with a premium subscription. The necessary type of this amazing and magnificent channel was connected with Premium Television Network. This broadcast network provides you essential and linear multilevel channels with 24-hour availability.
- In 2015, HBO had 40.54 Million subscriptions, according to Nielsen.
- Since 2018, HBO has 35.656 Million subscriptions overall which are going to be increased with the timeline.
- In the early 2000s, HBO also provided some useful content to the viewers through a media contact called the Direct-to-Customer web platform.
- Also, a new streaming platform was launched on the 27th of May, 2020, which is called- HBO Max. Like HBO, this platform also provides you a better experience with lots and lots of fun and enjoyment.
- Amy Gravitt– Co-EVP, Programming
- Amy Hodge– VP, Original Programming
- Casey Bloys– President, Programming
- Francesca Orsi– Co-EVP, Programming
- John K. Billock– President, HBO U.S. Group
- Nina Rosenstein– Co-EVP, Programming
HBO is one of the best home shows displayed on Television where you can easily watch your favorite movies, web series, cartoons, plays, and many more things. This network was also divided into subcategories as per the audience’s pole. Categories are-
- HBO- Only cable shows, movies, series, and sports channels are available to watch. Some special and high-pop shows are aired usually at 8 o’clock. Movies and tv shows are usually aired at 5’o clock.
- HBO2- First launched on 1st of August, 1991. This channel comes out with action-packed movies, thriller shows, casual web series, etc. all I can say is this channel is a specific HBO version.
- HBO Comedy– First launched on the 6th of May, 1999. As the name suggests, this channel involves comedy movies, shows, and series. Special comedy shows are displayed at night.
- HBO Family– This channel was launched on the 1st of December, 1996. It involves family and kid shows. Some defined categories like- animation, cooking show, etc., are there to watch.
- HBO Latino– This channel was launched on the 1st of November, 2000.is carried out with many different language shows like- Spanish, Portuguese, America, etc. Domestic and historical shows are aired on this amazing channel.
- HBO Signature– This channel was launched on the 1st of August, 1991. It provides some romantic and magnificent shows to grab the attention of the female audiences particularly.
- HBO Zone– This channel was launched on the 6th of May, 1999. This channel is specially made for young adults between 18 to 34 age of people. It provides late-night shows regularly.
|Service Provider||An individual subscription is required without any service provider.||It starts through a service provider like- Google, Samsung, and Apple.|
|Content||It only delivers major content like- movies, original TV shows, web series like- Game of Thrones, etc.||It involves high-level content like- cartoon shows, DC movies, Looney Tunes, HBO, etc.|
|CompatibilityAs per the services, HBO is not applicableIt does provide services with Hulu, Youtube TV, and Apple TV ChannelsRestrictionsNo restrictions Have some sort of restrictions regarding streaming capabilityAccessibilityHBO is accessible in every countryHBO Max is only accessible in the U.S and some other exceptional territories.|
- Perfect for movie lovers.
- Easily displayed shows.
- Highly recommended channel.
- Lower price than any other premium channels.
- Provides you good and awesome series and TV shows.
- Required per month subscription for advanced streaming.
- Content can be similar.
- Trial days are fewer.
Comparison Chart Between HBO and Netflix
|Price||$10 to $18 per month||$5 to $15.99 per month|
|Resolution||1080p resolution is available||4K resolution is available|
|Streaming Quality||Multiple streaming allows with limited value||Multiple streaming is allowed with limited value|
|Demand Quality||On-demand quality shows and movies are provided by HBO||On-demand movies and shows are provided by Netflix|
|Trial||Yes (Anytime)||Yes (Anytime)|
Cable Packages That Include HBO On High-Demand
Here are the top 4 cable packages that include HBO:
- Spectrum Silver
- Cox Contour Ultimate
- Xfinity Digital Premier
- Frontier FiOS TV Ultimate HD
Some Of The Most Famous HBO Originals Shows That You All Can Watch Very Easily Are-
- Games of Thrones
- His Dark Materials
- True Detective
- Last Week Tonight
Most Popular Movies On HBO & HBO Max
Following are some of the best and the world-famous movies that anyone can watch in their meantime:
- Joker – 2019
- Underwater- 2020
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters- 2019
- The New Mutants- 2020
- Godzilla vs. Kong- 2021
- Birds of Prey: Harley Quinn- 2020
- Midway- 2019
- The Call of the Wild- 2020
- The Invisible Man- 2020
- Kong: Skull Island- 2017
- Rampage- 2018
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix- 2019
- Aquaman- 2018
- Ford vs. Ferrari- 2019
- The Shack- 2017
- Justice League- 2017
- Suicide Squad- 2016
- Godzilla- 2014
- IT: Chapter Two- 2019
- Mad Max: Fury Road- 2015
What Things Are Included By HBO?
HBO was previously called by the name HBO NOW. One of the best online streaming platforms where anyone can watch their favorite shows, movies, and web series. HBO involves original TV shows, sports, documentaries, action-packed movies, comedy scenes, and exclusive thrilling content.
Also, HBO is filled with a huge collection of audio definition content on some particular selective appliances. The owner of HBO claims that they will add this amazing feature in the upcoming movies and shows so that not even a single viewer points out any cons.
Some Of The Best HBO Channels:
- Verizon FiOS HD
- Dish Network HD
- Character Spectrum HD
- Cox Communication HD
- Time Warner / Spectrum HD
- AT&T U-verse HD
- Comcast XFINITY TV HD
- DirecTV HD
Top Competitors Of HBO:
- Lions Gate Entertainment- 1976
- Netflix- 1997
- Foxtel Australia- 1995
- ESPN- 1979
- Hulu- 2007
- Televisa Internacional- 1973
- A&E Television Networks- 1983
- NBC- 1926
- From 2020-present: “There’s More To Discover.”
- From 2017-2020: “It’s What Connects Us”
- From 2014-2017: “So Original”
- From 2011-2014: “It’s HBO”
- From 2010-2011: “This is HBO” and so on…
In short, HBO is all about entertaining elements, actions, thrilling scenes, comedy films, romantic gestures, and awesome endings. No one can beat the performance level of HBO or HBO Max until they got the same aptitudes to show. The fictional and non-fictional documentary is also accessible by the HBO network. This is the only reason why Netflix and all other streaming platforms are less compatible than HBO.
Expanding their broadcast networks is the main agenda of HBO from the start. So that anyone can easily access their favorite and most wanted channels without any pause and system problems. More than 5 multiplex channels are available in the US. At last, I want to say that HBO is the best and the most popular powerful network globally. It only focuses on how to increase the quality of every program rather than increasing the quantity. That is why HBO is the most leading TV network presently.
In the end, I want to add one thing that HBO is filled with all the entertaining and massive actions that will bring out a big smile on your face. From my point of view, HBO is the best Television Network that has all the important accessibility to perform major activities.
The storytelling feature is the main and relevant thing provided by HBO, which no one can match now or in the future. I hope now you all have a better idea about HBO with proper description and appropriate details.
Also read Who Owns AT & T? – Company History & FAQs