When someone shows gratitude for something you have done to another person is purely a blessed feeling. But, we should always make them feel comfortable by replying to their compliments. There are numerous words and sentences in English to be used to mention someone’s gratitude back to them. Those sentences can be used in different kinds of ways, and it makes life easier for us. Let us know more detail about ‘Thanks, You Too Meaning, Usage And Alternatives’.
Thanks, You Too Meaning, Usage And Alternatives
Meaning of the sentence “Thank you too”
“Thanks, you too” is one of the most commonly used words to show someone’s gratitude back to them. It is used when someone says “thank you” for something or compliments your attire, slang, or any other thing. You can simply reply to their gratitude by saying “Thanks, you too.” This kind of affectionate gesture will make them think that you have taken the compliment in a good way as well as make them feel good when you reply to them in the same affectionate way. Let’s read Thanks, You Too Meaning, Usage And Alternatives.
Usage of the sentence “Thanks, you too”
The sentence thanks, you too can be used anywhere that you want to use them. But the appropriate place to use the exact words is when someone compliments you or encourages you or when they appreciate you for something that you have done for them. At those moments you can say “Thanks, you too” to show your gratitude to their kind words for appreciating you. This reply is not necessary. But, replying to someone’s gratitude makes sure that you have listened to their compliment and felt the same gratitude for them, you can bring back the smile from their lips that you have got when they compliment you just by saying “Thanks, you too”.
Example sentence to “Thanks, you too”
If you went to someone’s place and watched television with them. After having a lot of fun together, when you started to leave by saying “Thank you so much, for the company” and when the other person also feels exactly as same as you and enjoyed being with you, they can reply to your gratitude comments by saying “Thanks, you too” which means they also felt happy with your company, and they also loved being with you so far.
These exact words can be used in many ways like even if you did not prepare for the answer when someone complimented you. And you can reply to them with these words and make them feel happy as well as you can also have a self-satisfaction that you have replied to their compliment properly. For example, when someone compliments you by saying “Wow, you look so pretty today!” And you can reply to them by saying “Oh! Thanks, you too…” Just by replying to someone like this, you can make sure that both sides are harmonious. Let’s read more about Thanks, You Too Meaning, Usage And Alternatives.
Alternatives for the sentence “Thanks, you too”
There are myriad ways to express our gratitude back to the people who gave us a compliment or appreciation. When Thanks, you too are the most common phrase that you can use daily, instead of using them you can use many phrases and vocabulary that can add up to the command over your language.
The below sentence contains different kinds of alternative phrases that you can use instead of using “Thanks, you too” with some example situations. There is more way to say Thanks, You Too Meaning, Usage And Alternatives:
- My pleasure – when someone says “Thank you for your help” they are sincerely mentioning it. So, in reply to their context, you can say “My pleasure”
- Pleasure is mine – When someone from your office or an unknown old lady tries to cross the road. When you offered them a helping hand. They will thank you for your help. In those situations, you can say “Pleasure is mine”.
- No mention – While you are shopping with your friend and if you bought her ice cream on your pay. She might say thank you. For that, you can reply “No mention”
- Not at all – when someone says “thanks for the drink” you can reply to them by saying “not at all”
- Anytime – if your colleague or someone says “thank you” for any of the help you have done to them. You can reply to their gratitude by saying “Anytime”
- Anytime for you – “thanks for your kindness” if your friend or partner said this to you, you can reply to them “anytime for you” which means you are assuring them that you will always be ready to help them.
- Anything for you – when you use this instead of saying “Thanks, you too” You are promising that you will do anything for that person. Which will give a good impression in their eyes. This phrase can be used between you and a close person to you like siblings, partners, or friends.
- No problem – when you get your friend a coke or something from the vending machine. If he said thanks to you. You can simply say “No problem”.
- Not a problem – if you use not a problem when someone appreciates your generous attitude and well behavior you can simply tell them “Not a problem”
- No worries – no worries are one of the common phrases to use for different kinds of situations such as replying to someone who thanks you.
- You are always welcome – If you say you are always welcome which means you are assuring them that you will be happy to help them in the future also.
- Welcome – you can simply use this word. If you don’t want to exaggerate the matter to others.
- It was the least I could do – this is one of the touching contexts that might melt others. If you are sincerely happy that you have helped them, and they thank you for your help. You can say It was the least I could do.
- It is my fortune to help you – Sometimes we feel happy to help someone. Especially, if the person never asked for your help for anything and suddenly if they are asking for your help, and you are also happy to help them and did that with all your will and care. When that person says thanks for your help. You can express how happy you were to help them.
- Please don’t bother much – by replying with this phrase you are telling them to take your help as a light thing and don’t take it to your mind or don’t mention it to me, it’s not that special thing. So, don’t make it a huge thing by saying thank you or any other praises.
- It’s nothing – when you say “It’s nothing” which means you are telling them it is not even a thing to be mentioned. So forget it.
- Don’t mention it – when someone says thanks or thank you. You can reply to them by saying “Oh, no please don’t mention it”. That will create a friendly bond between you and the person.
- Thanks and you too – when someone says that you look so pretty today. You can reply to them. “Oh, thanks, and you too”. This means that you also find them beautiful at that time and particularly mentioning that they also look gorgeous at that time.
- It would be my pleasure – When someone in your office or any other place is thanking you for your help. You can reply to them by saying it would be my pleasure.
You can use any phrases from the above list that you want to address to someone. There are no rules to be followed to use these phrases. If you feel comfortable using any of these phrases you can reply with your gratitude by anything that you want to use. The main purpose of all these phrases is to bring back the smile from whom you are talking with or whom you have helped before. The above phrases and the situations to be used are just examples. You can use any phrase for any kind of situation.
Now we have learnt ‘Thanks, You Too Meaning, Usage And Alternatives’, The main purpose of thank you is to mention to someone about the gratefulness that you have gained by their work or help. When someone says thanks or “thank you”, thanks to you. You must reply to them by giving them what they have given you. Even though it does not matter to you as a big deal, the gratitude that you show to others might seem something huge to them. However, most of these words can be used in any kind of circumstances and any kind of situation. These phrases are like vocabulary words that can be used to boost up and enhance your personality and will help to socialize with numerous people. These kinds of kind words, phrases, and gestures will make the person who helped you feel happy and will never regret that he or she helped you.
Frequently asked questions:
- Is “Thank you too” the correct phrase?
Yes, Thanks, you too are the correct phrase to reply to someone’s gratitude back to them. The phrase Thanks you too is correct while conversationally using them. But, we have to add punctuation when we are penning the words in letters, emails, or for any kind of writing purpose. Instead of writing the phrase “Thank you too” as exactly as we speak, we can add a comma in between the words to make it more expressive while reading it out. For example, “Thanks, you too” or you can write it as “Thanks to you too”. These are the ways to pen these phrases in writing.
- What are the best ways to say thank you?
You can say Thank you or Thanks in many ways. For example, “I owe you one” by this phrase you are assuring the person who helped you, that you owe them for this and will pay them back in a good way when they need it. By using this particular one you are assuring that you will always keep this help in your mind. That is highly appreciated by others. Or you can also say “Thanks a Million” or “a billion” or “trillion” This phrase is especially to express your gratitude more expressively and the help that they did was uncountable on your side. These kinds of generous words and replies will assure that you are really happy that they have helped you.
- Are thanks, you too offensive words?
No, they are not offensive words. But, they are commonly used to show back our gratitude to someone when they thank us. However, there are many phrases to share our emotions. It is the most used reply phrase for Thank you. It can be used either as a reply for formal or informal situations. But, we can avoid using them in formal situations like, in the office or conference meeting, etc. Instead of using plainly, “thanks, you too” you can say “My pleasure” or “pleasure is mine”. It will boost your personality from others’ perspectives.
- Why can’t I say thank you?
Some people might not be used to getting compliments often. So, they feel introverted in public places. And they do not socialize with others easily. The lack of specialized skills mar their confidence, and they might not reply to your questions properly. For example, when you say some complimentary words like, “You look gorgeous today”. They do not know whether you are really appreciating them or just making fun of them. So, they feel embarrassed, anxious, and nervous. So, they won’t reply to your compliment in a better way like Thank you, or I appreciate that you expressed your thoughts, or You made my day.
- How to reply to the employer, when he thanks you?
Honoring by the employer or the boss is one of the dreams for many people. If you ever come across that lucky day in your life and the employer himself says “many thanks for your help”. You can say “It was the least I could do” or “You are always welcome” or “pleasure is mine” or “It is my fortune to help you” these phrases will enhance your reply and help to show your gratitude to the employer, and you will get a good impression from them.