Openreach Limited is the network provider subsidiary of BT Group who provide copper wires and fiber cables to connect homes and businesses to phone and broadband. With 690+ communication providers as their customers, Openreach has the largest network in the UK passing through 27 million premises. Lets know about Openreach Office Locations And Headquarters .
Since 2017, Openreach has been operating as a separate company by the name of “Openreach Limited”, having their own management and staff. They also removed “BT” branding from their official website in 2017. However, BT Plc continues to own the network assets in order to avoid losses of long-term leases and contracts. This is why Openreach Limited continues to be identified as a network industry wholly owned by BT Group.
Openreach’s primary location is on Judd Street, Kings Cross, London which is also their Headquarters. The leadership team of Openreach operates from this headquarters in the UK and governs other offices located in the UK and Ireland. Globally, Openreach has offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa. Let us look at these locations in detail.
Openreach in the UK and Ireland
- The Headquarters – With their registered office at Kelvin House, 123 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NP, 2140 people make up the headquarters division of Openreach Limited. This unit manages the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations, and ensures that the company’s strategic and financial targets are being met. The Openreach executive management team, strategy, finance, legal, regulatory affairs, HR, corporate affairs, customer, commercial and propositions make up this unit. Chief engineer, chief technology and information officer functions are also included.
Other Openreach Offices
- Openreach Portsmouth Central – Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- Openreach Attleborough Telephone Exchange – Attleborough, United Kingdom
- Openreach Learning and Development Training Center – Chelmsford, United Kingdom
- Openreach LD&R Peterborough Regional Learning Center – Peterborough, United Kingdom
- Croydon Openreach Training Center – Croydon, United Kingdom
- Openreach Telephone Engineering Center – Southampton, United Kingdom
Earlier this year, BT Group announced its “Better Workplace Programme” with the aim of creating comfortable and collaborative work spaces for its colleagues that will trigger innovation and creative brainstorming for improving customer experience. These workplaces are being created with key sites in London, Birmingham, Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Manchester and Bristol. More sites are expected to be added to this programme in the future.
Openreach in the United States
With successfully operating business in the America for over 35 years, Openreach as a BT subsidiary has delivered business-critical networks to some of the world’s best-known organizations, like PepsiCo, P&G, Credit Suisse and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- The United States – BT America operates through 6 key cities in the US with Texas as the headquarters for both Openreach and BT America. Other cities include New York, Chicago, Washington, Boston, Florham Park, Los Angeles, Miami, Reston and San Francisco.
- Latin America – With over 160 points of presence spanning the region, Openreach in Latin America has a wide web of networks. With key offices located in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Colombia, major Openreach activities operate from these locations in Latin America.
Openreach in the United States provides BT America with their own network infrastructure which enables BT America to provide services to all major U.S. cities.
Openreach in Europe
While BT in Europe has been active since the 1980’s in many parts, access to Openreach and technical career opportunities are limited to few key locations. These include –
- France – Largest hub of Openreach operations with main offices in Paris, Aix-en-Provence and Toulouse.
- Germany – A range of network and IT services are provided in Germany, with operations set up in multiple offices around the country.
- Italy – Services around networks, data centers and IT security are offered with services operating from Rome and Milan.
Besides these, other locations include Nordics, Spain, Benelux, Switzerland and the Regional Operations Centre at Hungary which are the major BT Europe office spaces but are sales and other customer facing functions oriented.
Openreach in Asia, Middle East and Africa
BT has one of the largest shared global services teams set up across Asia since the 1980s. Customer offices, today, are supported from offices in UAE, Hong Kong, China, India, Malaysia, South Africa, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Turkey.
- India – With New Delhi as headquarters, Openreach in India is spread across and operates from major cities of Bengaluru, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, and Gurgaon. With 1800+ technology professionals in India, Openreach in Bengaluru serves as the AI powerhouse for all of BT.
- Australia – As a part of extended Security Operation Centre, Australia is home to a cyber security R&D facility which is set up in Sydney. Thus, Australia serves as one of the highest Openreach job providers.
- Middle-East and Africa – Since the 1980s, the three regional hubs situated in Istanbul, Dubai and Johannesburg serve as the customer support centers for all of Middle-East and Africa.
- North-East Asia – As the first international telecom provider in China to hold a domestic nationwide Internet Service Provider (ISP) license from the China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the North-East Asia region is of great significance to the company. Their office in Hong Kong serves as the headquarters for Asia-Pacific, Middle-East and Africa offices and operations.
- South-East Asia – A perennial growth of opportunities throughout the vibrant and ever-emerging markets of South-East Asia, BT and Openreach continue to operate their functions over a span of 30 years in locations Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Jakarta and Manila, with the headquarters set up in Singapore.
Offering an extensive range of career opportunities in its various sectors, Openreach continues to grow globally with “Diversity and Inclusion” as the heart of their aim of becoming one of the most fair and inclusive employers. With a network of people representing and voicing the inequalities adhering to Pride, Neurodiversity, Ethnic Diversity, and Gender Equality, the “Allies and People” community works at the heart of Openreach, driving education and awareness, and celebrating the uniqueness of individuals. The global opportunities at Openreach are an evident testimony of the values that build the organization and highlight the importance of diversity, which make Openreach a “Great Place to Work.”