With the rapid increase in communication and mobile technology, telecommunication is one of the growing industries. Any career in the field of telecommunication wouldn’t prove to be a bad decision in terms of scope, salary, or demand. Telecommunications equipment is a very broad area and there are different types of good career and according to that their path.
Is Telecommunications Equipment A Good Career Path?
Telecommunication equipment is one of the finest fields and it is indeed a favorable career path. With the rapid growth in mobile phones and similar gadgets, and the increasing number of consumers, it is evident that this field has room to accommodate a large number of employees with a fair salary and high scope. The role offers job security, advanced technology, and higher demand as positive outcomes. There is no such education requirement but pieces of training are an important part of this profession. It is expected that in the upcoming years a large number of people will be employed in this sector.
What is telecommunications equipment?
Telecommunications equipment refers to the devices used in the telecommunication world such as routers and modems. They provide services to almost every industry from cybersecurity to data engineers. This equipment can be divided into three categories i.e. Public Switching, Transmission Equipment, and Customer premises equipment. Public Switching refers to Analogue and digital switches, Transmission equipment includes optical fibers, multiplexers, and Base receiver transmitters, and Customer premises equipment are mobile phones, wireless devices, and landline phones.
Positive features of Telecommunications equipment as a career:
- Demand: It is quite evident from the fact that no person can live without the internet or mobile phone gadgets that these products will never go out of demand. Hence this field is going to keep on rising rather than any downfall. This is one big reason that telecommunication equipment is one such career that has high scope and demand.
- Job Security: Since this belongs to the technology sector, there are measures to ensure the privacy of employees’ data which is followed by customer data privacy. Hence job security is one feature that makes telecommunication equipment a suitable career option.
- Career Growth: There is a high chance that being a telecommunication equipment worker your career will advance at a higher rate. There is a constant increase in the usage of mobile phones and internet services and there is no chance it will decrease. Hence an increase in customers means there will be a lot more work and development which will be beneficial for those working here.
- Advanced technology: With time, there is a high increase in demand for products which is why new products are being continuously launched with updated features. Being in this industry, telecommunication equipment, one will have all the necessary knowledge about the recent advancements in the technical world.
- Broad Industry: In telecommunications equipment, there are so many working areas such as manufacturing, and technical so one can choose which sector they want to work in or which sector will be suitable for them according to their expertise.
Entry-level Positions in telecommunication equipment:
- Tower technician: This job is not very difficult to acquire. It requires a high school certification and a few tests including a fear of heights. The responsibility of this role is to install and maintain towers. The annual salary for this job is $45K which is expected to rise with experience.
- Cable installer: The cable installer is supposed to install cables at homes and offices and troubleshoot the problems associated with them. There is no need for any particular education but one has to learn and get training. The annual salary of a cable installer is above $57K.
High-level positions in Telecommunication equipment:
- Telecommunications Manager: The responsibility of a telecommunications manager is to look up the networks to ensure smooth progress and development. This skill requires leadership and analytical skills. They also need strong communication skills. The annual salary is estimated to be $129K.
- Data Scientist: Data science is one profession that will grow rapidly in the upcoming years. This field requires strong analytical and statistical skills. One should have strong coding skills. In telecommunication equipment, data science will eventually become a highly-paid job. The annual salary is $100K.
- Broadband engineer: Their job is to troubleshoot hardware systems. It requires strong analytical and communication skills. The annual salary is almost $90K.
Education and professional requirements:
- The basic education requirement for opting for a telecommunication equipment career is a high school certification.
- Training is an important part of this profession because this mainly involves manual and fieldwork. Without training, smooth working is not possible.
- Technology certifications boost the overall profile of a telecommunication equipment worker because they provide extra skills apart from regular work.
- Those professionals having master’s or Ph.D. degrees can acquire higher positions in this industry as compared to those with lesser education.
Telecommunication equipment vendors:
The largest telecommunications equipment vendors by country are the United States, Japan, and China. The top companies include Huawei, Nokia, Cisco Systems, and Ciena.
The article started with a question if telecommunications equipment is a good career and path, to begin with, and this article has supported this statement all over. Telecommunication equipment has various roles which are chosen according to interest and scope. Various positive advantages make it a good career path. A large number of consumers means there is room for the employment of many people having relevant expertise. The article has highlighted the important career roles in telecommunication equipment categorized as entry-level and high-level roles. Conclusively, telecommunication equipment is a smooth career path that offers you advancement in your career as well.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are workers in telecommunication equipment highly paid?
The workers in telecommunication equipment are all hired at different positions and with different salaries. Depending upon their skill set, they are offered positions and salaries.
- Is there high scope for telecommunication equipment?
As you know that no one can imagine a life without mobile phones, so the sector is expanding steadily and due to this, the demand for workers has also gradually increased.
- Can a person without proper education work in this industry?
Although there is no such requirement for high education those with better skills and certifications are given priority over those lacking these.