Foods that start with g are
- Gingerbread cookies,
- Goat cheese,
- Grilled Vegetable Salad,
- Grilled Salmon,
- Ground Beef,
- Garlic Bread,
- Grape Salad,
- Greek Salad
- Greek Yogurt
- Garden Peas
- Garlic Chives
Do you believe that the twenty-six alphabets are the first letters of foods? How weird it is, you may think, to have a food that starts with letter Z. Stop wondering what food that is, and better believe it. There are varieties of food, most of which you might not know or perhaps, have never heard of before.
And I know by now, you must be jogging your head to think of foods that start with letter G. There are tons of them, if not millions, and that’s what this article is going to focus on.
What are the foods that start with letter G?
Now, here is a list of foods that starts with letter G.
- Gingerbread Cookies: Gingerbread cookies are made of molasses, flour, spice flavors, ginger, citrus juice, butter, brown sugar, and egg, which gives it’s a rich, yummy taste. Gingerbread can be made into different shapes and sizes such as smiley, eye, umbrella, stars, and other shapes which make it attractive to the eyes. In making the gingerbread cookies, the ingredients ate beat into a dough, chilled, rolled and cut, baked for about eight to ten minutes, and decorated with icing, red hots, powdered sugar, or sprinkle mixes.
- Goat cheese: Goat Cheese is one of the dairy products widely enjoyed across the world. Made from Goat milk, goat cheese is made with through the same coagulation process as cheese and cow milk cheese. Goat cheese is rich in nutrients which are beneficial to the body. One ounce of goat cheese, which is approximately 28 grams is loaded with calcium, Vitamin B2, Copper, Vitamin A, Fat, Iron, protein and Calories, Vitamin B3, and other essential nutrients for healthy bones. Goat cheese is delicious and can be eaten with pizza, salads, cheeseballs, galette, desserts, pasta, sandwiches, etc.
- Grilled Vegetable Salad: Have you had a taste of vegetable salad? You should. It’s one of my favorite foods that start with letter ‘G’. The veggie salad is made from grilled vegetables, sundried tomatoes, vinegar, goat cheese, pie nuts, garlic clove, extra virgin olive oil, sliced avocado, red onions, yellow squash, red and yellow pepper, zucchini, and eggplant. The beautiful colors from the mix of grilled vegetable salad would get you hungry at the sight of it, and it is also as yummy as it looks.
- Grilled Salmon: Grilled salmon has such a sumptuous taste. Now called the Atlantic Salmon, Salmon is a specie of ray-finned fish which lives in both fresh and saltwater, and belongs to the family, Salmonidae. Grilled salmon is considered as one of the best summertime grills for its flavor, health benefits, and the fact that it is easy and fast to prepare. A grilled Salmon may not take up to twenty minutes to be ready.
Grilled Salmon is best enjoyed when spiced with salt to taste, lemon pepper, a measure of soy sauce, vegetable oil, garlic powder, and brown sugar. It is high in protein, carbohydrates, sodium, cholesterol, and also contain some grams of fat.
- Gooseberries: Gooseberries are small fruits weighing about 0.1 to 0.2 ounces, and vary in color. They could be found in purple, whitish-yellow, green or red color, with European variety (Ribes uva-crispa), and the American variety (Ribes hirtellium). But the two most common colors of gooseberries are green and red.
Gooseberries are rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin A, high in calcium and phosphorus, which makes it good for the bone growth and development, and also contain fiber, manganese, vitamin B5 and B6, antioxidants, and carbs.
- Gammon: Gammon and bacon are both pork, gotten from pigs but the difference between gammon and bacon is that gammon is sold raw while bacon is sold cooked and can be eaten at the spot. Gammon is meat gotten from the back leg of a pig with spice and slated to taste. Gammon goes well with creamed spinach, bacon pea salad, garlic butter rolls, mashed potato, cream brussel sprouts, pea soup, and others.
- Gucamole: Now considered as a part of American international cuisine, gucamole has its origin in Mexico as a part of their modern cuisine. It is considered a traditional delicacy made from a mashed ripe avocado and sauced with lime juice and salt. Other ingredients used in making guacamole include; tomato, garlic, onion, and jalapeno, and can be used as butter or spread on sandwiches, eaten with salad, or veggies, or as a top on pizza to savor its flavor.
- Ground Beef: Are you thinking of something simple food for dinner? Try the ground beef. Ground beef is sometimes preferably for dinner and people prefer it because it is easy to cook. Just a little browning it up and a little seasoning, and you are ready for something delicious. Ground beef is sold at grocery stores and can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of a few months before use.
Ground beef is high in proteins, rich in vitamins, and contains a lot of nutritious minerals such as potassium, iron, phosphorus, calcium, zinc, selenium, etc. It can be eaten with meatball soup, patty melt, shepherd’s pie, sliders, beef tacos, sauce, swiss burger, etc.
As the last on our list of foods that start with letter G is,
- Garlic Bread: Garlic bread is a special kind of bread made with flour, garlic, unsalted butter, salt, parsley, and olive oil. It is prepared by spreading a mix of butter, smashed garlic, with sprinkles of parmesan over two bread halves.
Garlic bread is good for stews and tomato or seafood soups, and can also be served alongside beans, snacks, beef, etc. It is also medicinal because of its high concentration of garlic and can be used for light meals or as a main meal.
Now that we have shared with you ten foods that start with letter G, you can go ahead to explore their yummy tastes.
Also read Foods that start with m