Kroger, one of the largest American supermarket chains is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. The company has more than 450,000 associates who curate a great shopping experience for their customers. It tries to step up a level in its customer service and now sells groceries at pickup lanes and also automated delivery machines. Kroger keeps generating employment and hires employees, part time as well as full time. Read more about does Kroger Pay Weekly or Biweekly.
The hourly staff hired by Kroger, both part-timers, and full time employees are paid for their hours on a weekly basis. To make this payment, paychecks are given out every Friday. The employees who deal with management are paid on a monthly basis.
This article further discusses the salary payment made by Kroger and what you need to know about working at Kroger.
Payroll at Kroger: The company has partnered with DailyPay. It is a way for Kroger employees to control their payments. A Kroger employee can now check the payroll schedule. All you got to do is login into the website with the login access ID that is provided.
Pay scale of Employees at Kroger:
The hourly pay of Kroger employees varies depending upon the store locations. The minimum wage in a state decides the payment that is to be made to the employees. The hourly rates might be somewhere in the range of $8-$20.
- Sales Associate: On average, a sales associate can earn somewhere about $9 per hour.
- Cashier: As a cashier at Kroger, one might earn in the range of $8-$13.
- Bagger: The average wage a bagger earns at Kroger is $8 for an hour.
- Assistant Pharmacist: An assistant pharmacist can earn an hourly pay in the range of $11-$13 per hour.
- Pharmacist: A pharmacist earns the highest at Kroger. It can fetch an annual salary of $120,000.
- Store Manager: An assistant store manager is paid on an hourly basis while the store manager gets a monthly payment. An assistant store manager earns about $17 per hour. A manager gets around $60,000 annually.
- District Manager: The pay scale of a district manager is $75,000, an annual package.
- Part Time: A part time employee earns as much as a full-time employee does.
Benefits to Kroger Employees:
- Kroger Employee Discount: A Kroger employee gets to avail of an employee discount of about 15% on home goods and a 10% off on anything the store sells.
- Retirement Plans: Kroger matches 5% of 401k contributions, it has recently been increased from 4% to 5%.
- Health Insurance: An eligible employee of Kroger, gets to choose from three health plans.
- Kroger also has a provision for its employees to apply for paid leave.
- Life Insurance: Kroger offers a fully paid life insurance policy to its employees.
- An education support program has also been introduced which can be availed by the employees after working for six months at Kroger.
Shift hours at Kroger:
Kroger has 24 hours stores, the shift hours of the employees depend upon the store timings. The store manager would ask its employees for shift preferences and prepare the schedule accordingly. Shift hours of an employee may be four hours or eight hours.
Dress Code of Kroger Employee:
An employee at Kroger needs to be decently dressed. The company does not provide with a brand t-shirt. Usually, the employees are seen a polo t-shirt and jeans. Kroger requires its employees to wear an apron with the brand logo; it is provided once hired.
Kroger hires employees from diverse backgrounds. However, the pay scale for the Kroger employees has a scope of improvement as it provides only $0.5-$1 more than the minimum wage of the states. The company does provide some sought-after worthy benefits and an entry level employee has a lot of scopes to grow within the company.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long does the hiring process take at Kroger?
The hiring process involves filling up an application, interview, and then a background test if selected. This process usually takes somewhere between a week to 12 days. And before you start working, you need to go through the training.
.2. Do the Kroger employees get Christmas bonuses?
A Kroger store remains closed on Christmas. However, the hourly pay of an employee is the same even on the holidays.
3. Do Kroger employees get raises?
Yes, Kroger employees get raises. Some employees said to have gotten raise every six months while others say that, they got a raise only after a year. The raise given is only around 25 cents.
4. What is the shift hours break policy at Kroger?
A 4-6 hours shift entitles the employee to take a break for 15 minutes. A shift that lasts seven hours or more can allow an employee two 15 minutes breaks. The break can only be taken after working for an hour. A 5-hour shift will get you the liberty to take a 30 mins or 1 hour meal break. However, this break is unpaid.