We love to travel for the thrill of witnessing new places and their cultures and meeting new people. We travel for passion, work, adventure, or simply in search of something new. Sometimes we travel to tick off adventures from our bucket list. Travelling soothes our body and mind; maybe this is why health experts suggest we keep traveling. It has been scientifically proven that a person who travels actively is more likely to be creative and productive in their work. There is something about traveling that rejuvenates a person. It is the magic of a new place or time spent searching for calm that refreshes the traveler. Keep reading to know about Boeing number of employees & locations.
One can plan a trip whenever they want because of the services available. Preparing for overseas trips is more comfortable; planning journeys to the farthest corners of the world is easy, and preparing for a last-minute excursion is stress-free. This ease is because of the technological developments of the 21st century. We have commercial flights to help us travel wherever we want and whenever we want. Because of these advancements, the world has shrunk into a smaller place than it was centuries ago.
We talk about these advancements that have made traveling comfortable for us because we will discuss a brand that has contributed to the same. We are talking about the multinational enterprise Boeing. We all have heard about the brand, and most of us have experienced its services too. We will discuss some additional information about Boeing that the readers require.
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, United States, The Boeing Company is an American multinational public organization. Founded on 15 July 1916 in Seattle, Washington, US, the company specializes in planning, building, and trading aircraft, rotorcrafts, space crafts, satellites, missiles, and communication equipment. Boeing trades with several countries worldwide. Along with these, the brand presents leasing and commodity assistance aids. The company was formerly known as Pacific Aero Products Co. and Boeing Airplane Company.
The company has been divided into:
- Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Boeing Defense, Space & Security
- Boeing Global Services
- Boeing Capital
It is one of the largest aerospace producers and the third-largest defense product developer in the world. The company is ranked 54th and 121 on the Fortune 500 and Fortune Global lists, respectively.
Some of the notable products produced by the company are:
- Space carriers and launchers
- Military aircrafts
- Commercial aircrafts
In 2019, the company produced a total of 380 commercial aircraft, 229 military aircraft, and two satellites.
Subordinate Companies of Boeing
Here is the list of subsidiaries of The Boeing Company:
- Boeing Intelligence & Analytics
- Continental Data Graphics
- Boeing Commercial Space Company
- Boeing Capital Corporation
- Boeing Japan
- Boeing India
- Boing Canada
- Boeing Australia
- Boeing Defence UK
- Boeing UK
- Boeing Aircraft Holding Company
- Aviall Services
- Aurora Flight Sciences
These companies are owned and controlled by the parent company, which is Boeing.
- The founder of the company was William E. Boeing.
- Currently, the chairman of The Boeing Company is Larry Kellner.
- Dave Calhoun is the current CEO and president of the company.
- The current CFO of the company is Brian West.
- In the year 2020, The Boeing Company produced revenue of 58.16 billion US dollars. This revenue generation was lesser than that of the year 2019.
- The net income of the company in 2020 was 11.94 billion US dollars. This income was lesser than the income generated in the year 2019.
- The assets in 2020 were 152.136 billion US dollars.
- The total equity in 2020 was 18.07 billion US dollars.
Boeing Number of Employees
- In January 2021, the estimated number of employees working for Boeing was 141,014.
- Out of these 34,624, were working for Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
- 15,033- employees were working for Boeing Defense, Space Security.
- 17,645- people were working for Global Services.
- And 73,712- were working for the enterprise.
- 1.5 percent of these employees are members of the technical fellowship program.
- The estimated average income of a Boeing employee is 76,784 US dollars.
- The average yearly income of a senior software engineer is 135,581 dollars.
- The average income of a System engineer is 99,512 dollars.
- The average annual income of senior system engineers is 134,336 dollars.
- The average income of an FPGA engineer is 146,445 dollars.
- The average yearly income of a manufacturing engineer is 86,964 dollars.
Boeing Operating Locations
In the United States, Boeing mainly operates in:
- South California
Boeing operates working offices in more than 65 countries worldwide. It has two facilities that work towards the assembly of products. These facilities are situated in Washington and California.
Boeing has more than 62 working locations across 27 different countries.
Boeing is a worldwide brand and a renowned name. The products and field of work of the brand speak volumes for the brand. It has created several jobs for talented people. Boeing is trusted by several countries to manufacture defense equipment, and this tells us about the trust Boeing has established within the years.
The job prospects are good, and the pay is reasonably well. If you have the skills that Boeing is looking for, you must keep an eye open for the job opportunities posted by Boeing. There are a lot of vacancies posted by the company in different fields.