In the United States of America, there are thousands of drivers right now. Their number is thought to increase in the future too. It means that the job market for bus drivers has been expanding with each passing day. The bus driver in the US drives both intra-state and inter-state. It helps people to move within the state and out of the states with a reasonable amount of money. let us know about that the Salaries For Bus Drivers.
On average, a bus driver makes money of approximately $30,400 per year. This amount fluctuates each year. It means that the salary of a bus driver ranges from $15,500 minimum to $64.800 maximum per year at the median. Along with the basic salary, the bus driver also enjoys other facilities such as transport, housing, etc. The salaries of bus drivers also depend on gender, location, and experience. Moreover, the salaries in small states are less but in large states, it is higher.
Following are a close outlook on the salaries of bus driver in the United States of America:
- Hourly salaries of a bus driver: The salary of a top-class bus driver starts at approximately $33.32 per hour. They are earning higher than other drivers because of their expertise and experience level.
- The salary of a senior bus driver ranges from $25 to $26 per hour. They also have a experience, drivers. So, they are also paid high.
- The salary of a mid-level bus driver is approximately $20.23. They are paid low as compared to other drivers because they are less experienced.
- The salary of a junior bus driver is also a little low and is ranged from $14 to $15.
- Last but not least, the salary of a bus driver who recently starts driving is approximately 12.28. They are get the lowest because they are newer in the field and have no experience.
Per year salaries of a bus driver:
- The yearly salary of a bus driver, who is top-class, is approximately $69,304.
- The yearly salary of a senior-level bus driver is approximately $54,717.
- The yearly salary of a mid-level bus driver is approximately $42,080.
- The yarly salary of a junior bus driver is approximately $32,362.
- The yearly salary of a starting-level bus driver is approximately 25,550.
Criteria on which the salaries of a bus driver depend:
The salaries of bus drivers are not fixed. It varies due to a plethora of reasons. Following are some of the criteria on which the salaries of bus drivers are based:
The salaries of bus drivers in different locations are different. In dangerous areas, the salary is higher than in the areas in which driving is safe. Moreover, it also varies from state to state. In smaller states, the salary is low. But in bigger states, the salaries are higher because, in these states, the inflation rate is higher.
The salaries of bus drivers also depend on the seniority level. The bus drivers who just start driving have less salaries compared to mid-level drivers. The bus drivers who are senior and well-experienced have more salaries.
Male bus drivers have more salaries compared to female drivers. It is because males drive big buses in America and female drivers are far and between.
The states which pay higher salaries to bus drivers in America:
The metropolitan area of California named San Jose pays the highest salaries to its bus drivers. Approximately, the average salary of a bus driver is $66,380 per year. Moreover, another place in California named Santa Cruz also pays high salaries to their bus drivers. It gives an average of $63,390 per year.
In New York City, the average salary of a bus driver is approximately $63,300 per year. The city is big so, the average salary of a bus driver is also high.
In Seattle of Washington, the average salary of a bus driver is approximately $63,200.
Massachusetts is also a good place for bus drivers. The average salary of bus drivers in Massachusetts is approximately $56,930.
The effect of education on the salaries of bus drivers in the United States of America:
- The average salary of a high school education level of bus driver is in the range of $19,000 to $20,000 per year.
- The average salary of a bus driver with diploma or certificate of driving is in the range of $29,000 to $30,000 per year. It is supposed to be 47% higher than the high school bus driver.
- The average of a bachelor holder bus driver is in the range of $44,000 to $45,000 per year. It is 53% higher than the bus drivers having a diploma or certificate.
In a nutshell, it is concluded that the average salaries of bus drivers in the United States of America are reasonable. They get salaries in the range of a minimum of $15,500 to a maximum of $64,800 per year. Moreover, the salaries of bus drivers also depend on various factors such as the age of the driver and his seniority level, gender, location, etc. that’s why in smaller states, the salaries of bus drivers are less while in the larger states, the salaries are higher. To sum up, bus drivers enjoy a good amount of money in America along with other benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How much does a school bus driver make in America?
A school driver in America can make the range between $18,000 and $56,000 per year. Again, this amount varies from state to state and is based on seniority level.
- How much does a metro bus driver make in Los Angeles?
A metro bus driver in Los Angeles can make a minimum of $13,000 to a maximum of $203,000 per year. Top-level drivers can easily make more than $200,000 in Los Angeles.
- What is the best place for bus drivers to get good salaries?
The states like California, Los Angeles, and Washington are the best places for bus drivers to get good salaries.
- Is bus driving a worthy profession in America?
Yes. Bus driving is a worthy profession in America. The drivers can earn a reasonable amount of money from this profession.