This American chain of off-price stores sells furniture, bedding, clothes, jewelry, footwear, and beauty products under the parent company of TJX. Their numbers of locations are 1230 and are named after its found Alfred Marshall.
16 years is the minimum hiring age for an employee to be hired at Marshall’s. None below that can be considered to pass the application process itself. This article will give you a clear view of Marshalls job description, hiring age, hiring process.
Marshalls Job Application Process
- Please apply for the position of your choice: The application is printable, so one can download the form, fill it with ink and then submit it at the nearest store or use the online mode and type in the required information of personal details, education, expertise, experience and then submit it with a click in the comfort of your location.
- Duration of next step: It takes around 2-4 days to hear back from the application reviewing team if your application is being considered for further steps or not.
- Interviews: After your application has passed the screening test, it shall be held eligible for interviews.
- Two in number: The first one shall be a group interview, and the second one shall be a face-to-face interview. The group interview is mostly there to check your team spirit, leadership, time management, and innovation. The personal interview is to test your personal abilities and intelligence and thus come in the question of your availability, prior job experience, salary expectations, and contribution of hours.
- The time duration of results: It takes around 2-3 weeks for the interviews to analyze the answers given. The applicants shall be contacted via email or phone call if they are considered for a further procedure.
- The seeking applicant needs a drug test, but a background check may not be done.
- One day of paid orientation is followed by training in the department chosen or given.
Hiring duration depends a lot on the traffic of applications and whether the company is interested in hiring.
Having prior experience is not a compulsive part of the hiring process. Still, it will definitely benefit you if you have one as it increases your chance of many non-experienced candidates applying for the same position. However, the company stores do give inexperienced candidates an equal chance by training them and molding them for the position of requirement.
What Are The Working Shifts And Schedules Of The Stores?
The shifts are not fixed and can vary from 4-8 hours a day. The store’s operational hours are from 10.30 am to 8.30 pm for all seven days of the week. The doors of the store are closed only on two occasions which are Christmas and thanksgiving.
What Are The Pay Rates For Various Employees On An Average Per Hour?
- Sales associate receives $11 ranging from $8 to $15
- Cashier receives $11 ranging from $9 to $14
- The merchandise coordinator receives $12 ranging from $10 to $16
- The customer service coordinator receives $13 ranging from $9 to $18
Employees are paid every week on a Friday, to be specific, through direct deposit, but you can also request paper checks and have them cashed in the store itself.
What Is The Dress Code For The Hired Employees?
Casual dressing is the need of the store with no logo, no leggings or hoodies. They are absolutely okay with the colored hair of employees too.
The benefits that are always looked up to by any employee are:
- 10% Discount on All Products for Employees of the Store with Extra Percentage Occasionally
- There are Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Sick leaves
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance